NOTE: Applications for this year’s SILT Entrepreneurship Fellow are now closed. Please check back at the beginning of Fall 2013 for updated information.
Are you an aspiring Social Entrepreneur? Do you believe that your project can change the world? Apply for the inaugural Social Entrepreneur Fellowship, founded by the Social Innovation Leadership Team! This year-long fellowship aims to provide a student who has already started working on her/his social entrepreneurship idea with access to a wide range of resources and mentors. The fellow will enjoy perks such as being sponsored to attend conferences and being paid as a student staff while working on his project, and will also receive a stipend for the summer.
SILT is a student staff team at the Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at Amherst College. We seek to inspire students to apply the skills of entrepreneurship to the world’s most pressing issues, and provide them with tools to grow and sustain their innovations. For the past two years, we have organized interterm courses, social entrepreneurship workshops, the Amherst Pitch Competition, the Gumball Challenge. Future projects include workshops, speaker series, a business plan competition, and a Tedx conference.
- An existing social entrepreneurship project that is impactful, sustainable and actionable.
- A demonstrated ability and motivation to execute project
- A commitment of 10+ hours per week to work on your project.
- Weekly presentations to SILT
All interested applicants should submit by email to Shane (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, December 2 at 7:00pm EST:
2. Cover letter answering these questions:
a) what experiences have lead you to become interested in social entrepreneurship?
b) describe one experience that have prepared you for this role.
3. 2-3 page Proposal detailing your project (diagrams welcome, please include a timeline)
4. Contact information of 1 reference.
Interviews will be held Dec 3 – 7.