Interested in Social Entrepreneurship? Want to empower entrepreneurs to solve the world’s most pressing problems? The Social Innovation Leadership Team (a part of the CCE) is hiring! We are looking for passionate & committed people to join us in our mission to foster social entrepreneurship on campus. This is your chance to lead and shape exciting projects including: workshops, speaker series, a business plan competition, and a Tedx conference. At the same time, you will gain exposure to some of the most inspiring social entrepreneurs in the field, and get paid (well) doing it!
SILT is a student staff team at the Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at Amherst College. We seek to inspire students to apply the skills of entrepreneurship to the world’s most pressing issues, and provide them with tools to grow and sustain their innovations. For the past two years, we have organized interterm courses, social entrepreneurship workshops, the Amherst Pitch Competition, the Gumball Challenge. Future projects include workshops, speaker series, a business plan competition, and a Tedx conference.
- Demonstrated passion towards social entrepreneurship / social issues
- Proactive, enthusiastic, goes the extra mile
- Highly responsible, possesses a very diligent work-ethic
- Great team-player
- Strong research and writing skills
- Familiarity with Web and graphic design a plus
- Working 5-9 hours/week (this fluctuates, but schedules are quite flexible)
- Weekly team meetings
- Involved in all levels of event and project planning
- Help shape the young organization’s direction and growth with own ideas and projects
All interested applicants should submit the following by email to Shane (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, April 19 at 11:59pm:
2. Cover letter answering these questions:
a) what experiences have lead you to become interested in social entrepreneurship?
b) describe one or two experiences that have prepared you for this role.
Interviews will be held April 23 – 26.